I didn't go to bed last night, big surprise, stayed up talking to Adrian and attempting to write my essays. Skipped my first class, then went to seminar (finished the essays 15 min before class), and... I really just don't like the people in my class sometimes. First off, we were talking about the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki today, and having one ex-army and one ex-coast guard guy in the class makes it interesting. I feel like I didn't express how I was feeling very well, and listening to how they talked about a tragedy like that... Plus having Ari there, when I know her family was in that city, made me more aware of what jackasses the class can be and is a lot. I am always aware of it, but... it was worse hearing what some of the people were saying and then feeling Ari shudder like the words were blows.
Rant-having-nothing-to-do-with-tragedy:
Then someone commented on how unsanitary it was for me to be barefoot for the 10 seconds I had my flipflops off. I'm sorry, being BAREFOOT is unsanitary? One, eating off of ANYTHING in this school where there are crazy unwashed hippies everywhere is DUMB, and TWO, I'm sorry. Putting your feet back into stinky, unwashed, bacteria infested shoes EVERY DAY does not make them clean. I'm not sure why this is still bothering me... maybe because I wasn't expecting any crap for it? Or it could be my surprise at the look of complete disgust on this guys face. Whatever. Of course now I can think of intelligent comebacks... I just didn't feel it to be necessary to really talk about it, now I'm just pissed that that was even a problem, and that he felt it acceptable to talk to me like I was 3. The best part is he is in my group that meets tomorrow to work on our presentations next week, and I am the only female in this group. I hate being dismissed, and being the youngest (by a lot) and female means I'm going to have to care enough to try and express myself.
*Breathes*
That is out now, and I am going to move the fuck on. MOVING ON.
I went to GC to hang out with people and eat some food (remembering once I decided to go that I had had some dry cereal at 8 in the morning and a bit of a brownie and rice krispy treat since). Charles commented on my hair, which was odd... It hasn't changed, and people notice me, but rarely comment on whatever has changed or hasn't. I ended up spending most of my time at the dinner table singing to myself and watching all the other people around me, which is what happens when I'm with large groups. Somehow my weird dietary stuff came up with a few of the people around, which... I just assume that when I go to eat anywhere but with my family, I am fending for myself. I have learned well over the years how to eat enough to keep myself going when I don't have tons of options. I assume that I won't be able to eat whatever has been cooked for whatever reasons, and make do with carbs and veg.
Left the house to go back to the apt, made Ari mad at me (far too easy darling, sorry :( Loki was having fun). I crashed, hoping to sleep through the night... and woke up 3+ hours later. I'm going to try to sleep again, and if that fails I'm going to read for tomorrow or the Sutra... depends on my mood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment