So. I left for awhile, to go to DC. Here is what happened.
Got on the plane early Friday morning, around 10. Got to Denver, then got delayyyyyed for a few hours. Onto another plane, got in to DC around 1am EST. Went to McDonald's in a taxi as nothing else was open. Spent the night in a hotel, falling asleep around 3am, then waking at various times throughout the night. Left that hotel early and carted our baggage the 10+ blocks to the Metro. That was ow. Also, not remembering my sneakers. Bad. Got to second hotel... HOLY SHIT. It was sooooooooo nice. At one point during our stay someone noticed the price that was discretely hidden in the closet... 1000 dollars for one person for one night.
Checked our bags in and went to do some sightseeing. Walked the Mall, ran in to some Tea Partiers (and by some I mean a TON that were protesting the health care reform). Saw Ari and Claire! Roasted in the 70+ degree heat. Went back to the hotel for room check in, Si and I shared a bed in a room with another girl, Zoe, who we grew to love dearly :D. When we first got in to the room we noticed her Keds and a sock monkey keychain on her backpack... this was indicative of the fuuuuture.
Went to the RAC and met tons of people, had food, came back to the room to leave our stuff after the sessions finished for the day, then headed out on the town (at least till 11, when the underagers had to go back to the hotel). Hung out in Sam's room for a few hours, then crashed at 3am.
Next day, got up and went to the RAC, had sessions all day, had dinner, hung out with everyone...
One night we had dinner at a place called Kramerbooks in Dupont Circle... and I died. I had mouthgasms from the food. DIED. SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD. Died. It was fantastic. And it's a bookstore.
One day, we went to Capitol Hill and lobbied for the Responsible Education About Life Act (which is about Comprehensive Sexuality Education) and that was interesting... I wasn't expecting to enjoy it, but I did. Got bad blisters on my feet from the shoes I was wearing, but lobbying and actually feeling as though I (one person, just one. Me.) could make a difference was a great feeling. I hope to do SEAT again next year if I am in the country.
We spent a lot of time talking about how to bring our Advocacy work back to our communities... houseHome I will work with Si and Sam, but I'm not sure what to do at collegeHome. I am thinking that possibly a Sexuality Ed group could be interesting, and informative.
It was also great being with a group of people who generally identify as people of faith and are sex-positive and accepting and all the things that people of faith are generally not perceived to be.
Being away gave me a lot of time to think, reason, accept, move past, mull over, get angry about, move around... I liking spending time in my own head sometimes, just watching how it all moves around.
AND THEN! See next entry, cause this ^ was all the stuff about DC.
P.S. Apparently I can give people erections from back massages. Am I the only one that thinks either I have magical hands or the world just tilted off its access??
Plus people called me beautiful and 'fucking gorgeous'... I need to hang out more with those people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment