So the short version is... a guy we are all friends with held me to a wall with his hand around my throat.
Something hit a trigger for him in a conversation he had been witnessing/in, and while I admit that something I said could have pushed his buttons, the stimulus did not deserve the response.
Long version: I went over to the guys place on Sunday for about 5 hours, maybe more, to try and get some of my hmwk done before the night before class. It actually worked surprisingly well, as I got about half of the book read I needed to write about. Alex and Tyler came over and explained the bad thing that had happened to Ben S, and something in that conversation caused Daniel to get really pissed and punch the floor, then leave. Alex then got a call from her mom, and Tyler was in his room, so Eric and I went to the hallway outside Daniels room to give her some privacy.
Tyler's door was shut then, or soon after, and so Eric and I talked with Daniel for a bit, until I tried to organize some of the cash he had strewn about the area right inside his door. I had my back to the wall, and he pushed my neck further forward while I was bent over moving them. I pushed back, and he let go so I was standing up again. I'm not even sure of my thought processes at that point, but he had said something about not picking the money off the floor, so I moved it a small bit with my toe. He came up really close to me and said something like "it is time to leave (or go or move, not sure)" and then when I asked "why?" he took my glasses off my face, threw them into the hallway, and wrapped his hand around my throat so that my neck was flush with the wall and said "move" and shoved me out of his doorway.
------
You have no idea how hard that was to put into words. A guy I trusted, was beginning to think of as a friend, even liked at one point... none of these is true anymore. It wasn't the first time he hurt me physically, but it sure as hell will be the last. He also took away one of the very few places on campus where I felt like I could relax and be safe. I talked with one of my friends, Helen, today, and she is advocating turning him in... but I am going to speak with him first. She says its my big heart getting in the way, and that this is how violence towards women starts, but I want to see how he reacts to the things I have to say to him, and then decide.
I want to deal with it like I do most everything, just ignore things that aren't big enough for me to try and change, but this is too far into my zone for me to ignore.
I can't get the feeling of his hand off of my throat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment